> But, as much as Mr. Clinton has a good majority of fans and backers, I do
> not think it would be in Hillary's best interest to tag hubby as VP because
> it might sway some people who were on the fence between her and another
> candidate,

I didn't say it'd be a smart thing for her to do, I said it makes
sense that she would because of how much campaigning *he* has been
doing.

> I mean why wouldn't she select Obama or Edwards? Isn't that the move to
> make? Or am I way off base here ...

Edwards doesn't earn her any more votes than she can get with Obama or
hubby.  Obama might be a candidate but she'd have to Gore-ify him like
Bill did in the 90's.  I don't think she could put up with Obama's
wife either.

As far as if she is going to get the nod, take a look at
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/#D which
brings in the "superdelegate" count.  Hill's ahead of Obama by over
100 delegates.  That's the Clinton machine cashing in on favors and
name.