Yeah, been there; read that. Sounds great, for people who spend < 60% of
their income--you only get taxed on 60% of your income. Those of us who
spend closer to 100%, or even more than that with credit, are screwed. Ok,
so if they're spending more via credit, they're doing it to themselves. But
for me, living paycheck to paycheck barely getting by, unable to save any of
my monthly income, I'd actually pay significantly more in taxes that way
that the current system. Doesn't quite seem "fair" to me.

And I don't exactly choose to spend 100% of my monthly income, unless
choosing to buy groceries, live in a meager/affordable home, and drive to
work (no public transportation available) so I can keep my paycheck coming
in are choices. I'm not talking extravagant expenses like HDTVs or PS3s.

Dammit, I swore I'd stay out of these political discussions.