>What's the impetus for medical marijuana? Very few doctors prescribe it,
>because it's medicinal affects are easily replicated and surpassed with
>other drugs that don't have any of the negative side affects.

Hhm, not so sure about that...it's one of the most effective anti-emetics and
thus very useful in pain treatment of people particularly with end-stage
disease. I have chronic pain issues, and I can tell you it's a frustrating
situation when you have a choice between suffering with the pain or taking pain
meds that you know will make you sick to your stomach or have severe cramps,
etc. I've never tried marijuana (nor would I be likely to) but I do understand
people wanting the option to use it when nothing else works. They just need to
regulate the use of it better...which frankly goes for all narcotics...way too
easy to abuse any of them, get scripts from multiple doctors, etc.

Another somewhat related issue is industrial hemp...a crop that could do a
great deal to help farmers and our struggling economy. We're the only
industrial nation that does not produce hemp, and it's time for that to be
corrected.