From: Mary Jo Sminkey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 5:08 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Differences between Obama and Hillary

>From what I understand, it's main uses are as a:
>
>Appetite stimulant for those with AIDS and other disorders that kill
>appetite
>
>Anti nausea for chemo patients
>
>Anti seizure medication
>
>Hemp has a thousand uses in textiles and paper.

Yup, those are the main ones, although there are others as well. Hemp oil as
well has tons of uses and can be used for many products such as body care
items like shampoo and lotion, paint, lubricants, source of omega-3&6 fatty
acids, even for use in plastics. But yes, its use for textiles and paper is
an important one, and it's surprising how many people don't know even know
about it. But wood pulp production is now so cheap, and getting more
environmentally friendly, it would be tough for hemp to replace it, although
certainly that would be a good goal, in order to at least slow down
deforestation.