>That is interesting. I had no idea there was a CF labor shortage out there.

I've been hearing this a lot actually. Even just finding good experienced
freelancers in CF seems to be getting harder, let alone finding good fulltime
applicants.

>You think people are starting to buy into the "CF is dying" myth that has
>been going on for years now? Shifting away from CF because they don't think
>they can get a job doing that?

It does seem that way. It becomes a vicious circle as a result...companies drop
it because they can't find developers, so developers have more trouble finding
a job, so fewer of them bother to learn it, and then more companies drop it,
etc. I do think that Microsoft does a much better job at targeting students and
colleges, and that's really crucial. This certainly is something that could be
turned around if Adobe really starting seriously working to promote CF. We keep
hearing about how ColdFusion is more targeted for the Enterprise and that's how
it's priced...but if there's not a good solid base of developers that learned
it coming up and doing small sites, it's hard for those enterprises to *find*
experienced developers.