Yes well...

what about people that want all that sports car feel, but want to
steer from monday to Saturday with their pinky finger and on Sunday
give it a whirl?

I think that they will start offering power steering as an option
after they sell a few.
But yes I hear you about the road feedback.

However the latest electronic systems don't seem to have too much
trouble providing that feedback to the driver in various ways.

Plus, remember you have those wonderful traction control, electronic
stability and ABS systems to assist you. So you're never going to be
as much out of control *cough* uhh..'Pure' as that old 280Z.