What you just described isn't "sport"; it's luxury.

And the electronic systems you mentioned don't provide road feedback (there
are no force-feedback systems for cars that I know of).  In fact, most of
the higher-end fast cars today have some sort of automatic compensation
system that individually brakes wheels and even provides rear steering
compensation -- just so it corrects the poor driving of amateurs with more
money than skill.  The higher-end Audis have it these days.

With the 280Z you have the *ability* to control, if you have the skill to
match.  The newer cars you describe *subjugate* that control, so you *can't*
have "control" because something else is controlling it for you.

That isn't "sport."

In 1979 I trained in a van Diemen Formula Ford at Le Circuit in Mont
Tremblant, Quebec for three days, and I have been hooked on providing my own
control ever since.  The only thing assisted in that car, IIRC, was a small
hydraulic cylinder for the braking system.  Man, I couldn't believe how
different it was to wear a car like a body glove, and have it do *exactly*
what you wanted it to (after enough training, that is).  You could feel
every little thing happening on the road, to the car, in the air.  You could
feel how the car "slipped" differently when the tires were cold and when
they were hot, and you could dial-in exactly where the front wheels were
throughout the path of a corner based on how the engine felt as you
engine-braked, how the tires felt, how the engine sounded (cold engines were
slower to react), etc.

*THAT'S* sport, my friend.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis