Hmmmm. So many good things to say about IMAP eh? I do like IMAP ...

I use Google Hosted almost exclusively for all email accounts.

I need Outlook's features otherwise I'd continue to use the Google web
version which I have been doing for the past year. But, the ability to have
about a dozen plus other accounts within easy one click access, the preview
pane, One Note access and the RSS feed reader made me convert back to
Outlook...

In fact, since switching back to Outlook last month, my inbox went from over
1000 emails down to a few hundred because I was getting a little too lost
with organizing things. Don't have a concrete "why it's easier" for me to
organize in Outlook, it just is.

The thing I was noticing though, is that it's so slow to synchronize and
check all the IMAP accounts. The pop's just come on in. Done, dusted. (yes,
I leave pop emails on the server in case I need emails and don't have my
laptop) But the IMAP's are taking forever. I've got 8 IMAP accounts.

For my main RUWebby account, I've got over hundred "filters/labels" which
yes, translated nicely into folders in Outlook, but to check them all takes
Outlook a long time.

So I guess I'm trying to figure out how to streamline this process better. I
thought maybe POP would be quicker than IMAP, just leave everything on
Google so I get the backup if I need it.

The answer may seem simple to you guys, cut down on email. But I can't. I've
already tried. These are either client accounts or all related to the
business. In fact, I've got more to add ... :(

But you all seem to have no issues with speed? Outlook has crashed a couple
times on me as well ...