Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
> The only thing I don't care about google's imap implementation is that
> if you have 1000 messages in your account, your imap account in
> Outlook will have 2000 messages, the "All Messages" will have
> everything in it, and then your individual labels will have another
> sync'd copy of the messages.

I generally let Google filter my mail with the objective being all list
mail goes into a label and skips the inbox.  That way ultimately my
inbox is pretty lightweight with only 100 or so messages in it at any
given time (less if I'm being really good about answering emails).  I
may be wrong about this, but I think IMAP can be configured to only
retrieve headers and only to retrieve folder messages once you've
selected that folder.  My syncing seems really quick and I know (on my
Treo at least) the folder contents aren't on my device till I select the
folder to view.

-Cameron