yep, quite the story.   I actually had 4 toyota dealerships at one
time trying to work deals with me.  I ended up going with the one that
was trying to give me 11% interest.

I ended up going to my insurer (State Farm) and getting loan approval
through them.  I got 7.39 @ 60 from them.  So, I called that toyota
dealership back and said I had my financing already taken care of and
wanted the bottom line number from them.  Not sure why, but without
any fight, they gave me exactly what I had been asking for 2 nights
previous (something they said wouldn't leave them with any profit).
So I show up at the dealership, do the whole 'meet the whole crew'
thing and then go to take delivery of the car.  The finance guy ( a
different one) comes out to me and says I can get you 6.39 @ 60 months
if you let me have your business.....and he built in GAP at no cost to
me.

Just goes to show that nothing......absolutely nothing.....that comes
out of a car dealers mouth can be trusted to be the steadfast truth.

oh, and on the way to the dealership, all 3 other sales guy's called.
I told them the exact deal I was getting and they still had a chance
to get my business.  One said that I'd better be on the way to get it
because, that was an incredible price.  Another said that something
was wrong with their deal and it would change once I got there because
that was below what toyota was selling Prii for.  The third just said,
thanks for the opportunity to do business, but I got a real good deal.