> Probably shouldn't feed the troll, but heh... whatever...

Just because I'm not on my knees choking on Obama you call me a troll?

Where's your love for the Clintons? Are you that transparent that you can just
change messiahs at a heartbeat?

> > "And occasionally it finds voice in the church on Sunday morning, in
> the pulpit and in the pews. The fact that so many people are surprised
> to hear that anger
> > in some of Reverend Wright's sermons simply reminds us of the old
> truism that the most segregated hour in American life occurs on Sunday
> morning."
>
> And the full quote (below)... note how there is a continuation of the
> thought that states (not merely suggests or implies, but actually
> *states*) " That anger is not always productive; indeed, all too
> often
> it *distracts attention from solving real problems;* it keeps us from
> squarely facing our *own complicity in our condition*
> (emphasis mine)
>
> "And occasionally it finds voice in the church on Sunday morning, in
> the pulpit and in the pews. The fact that so many people are
> surprised
> to hear that anger in some of Reverend Wright's sermons simply
> reminds
> us of the old truism that the most segregated hour in American life
> occurs on Sunday morning. That anger is not always productive; indeed,
>
> all too often it distracts attention from solving real problems; it
> keeps us from squarely facing our own complicity in our condition,
> and
> prevents the African-American community from forging the alliances it
> needs to bring about real change. But the anger is real; it is
> powerful; and to simply wish it away, to condemn it without
> understanding its roots, only serves to widen the chasm of
> misunderstanding that exists between the races. "
>
> Where Sam, is the racism? In it's full context, where is it? Quote
> mining is a hell of a thing, eh?

I would have posted the whole thing but I thought you read it.

So surprise, every black church is racist.
Racism is a distraction.
That justifies claiming all blacks are racist so get over it?

> > "In fact, a similar anger exists within segments of the white
> community"...
>
> And the quote, in context (not that Sam seems to gives a rip about
> actual context)
>
> "In fact, a similar anger exists within segments of the white
> community. Most working- and middle-class white Americans don't feel
> that they have been particularly privileged by their race. Their
> experience is the immigrant experience - as far as they're concerned,
> no one's handed them anything, they've built it from scratch. They've
> worked hard all their lives, many times only to see their jobs
> shipped
> overseas or their pension dumped after a lifetime of labor. They are
> anxious about their futures, and feel their dreams slipping away; in
> an era of stagnant wages and global competition, opportunity comes to
> be seen as a zero sum game, in which your dreams come at my expense.
> So when they are told to bus their children to a school across town;
> when they hear that an African American is getting an advantage in
> landing a good job or a spot in a good college because of an
> injustice
> that they themselves never committed; when they're told that their
> fears about crime in urban neighborhoods are somehow prejudiced,
> resentment builds over time."
>
> Where is the racism Sam?

Resentment? Hello? Resenting people of a different color is raaaaacist!