Simply because you don't agree with the reasons that many of us have
given for starting or continuing the war doesn't mean that no one can
articulate them.

I've done this ad nauseam, but wtf, let's do it again.

Reasons for starting the war:
1. Multiple cease fire violations
2. Refusal to allow inspectors to do their job
3. A continued effort to convince the rest of the world that he (sadaam)
had WMD
4. Ongoing sponsorship and exporter of terrorism (somehow AQ and Islamic
Jihad are different groups?)

Reasons for continuing the war
1. Humanitarian issues, you know and I know things will get much much
worse if we leave now.
2. You broke it you bought it, we destroyed much of their infrastructure
           during the invasion, until they are stable and have
electricity water and so forth we shouldn't be leaving.
3. International opinion, this is something you've used to say why we
should leave, but I believe the opposite.  The escalation of violence
that would occur should we abandon Iraq would surely put us in a worse
light with the international community.
4. National and regional security, should we leave Iran will move in in
large numbers.  The resulting power shift in the middle east will cause
major waves through out the region.  This chaos will be a prime ground
for breeding and training new terrorists who will be attacking western
targets in larger and larger numbers.
5. Finally one you probably don't understand.  Americans have died
there.  Even if all the others weren't true this one alone would be
enough for me.  Once American blood has been spilled would should stay
until we have broken the will of the enemy, at any cost.