I am listening actually. I just don't think that a soldier on the
ground has the bird's eye view needed for policy decisions, and the
policy decisions that have been made so far really suck. I am not
convinced that more of the same solves anything. If we are alienating
the local population, more of the same will not put an end to the war;
it will just make more of them take up arms against us.  Maybe I am
wrong in thinking that this is what is going; I'd like to be. But
suppose I am not. Can you see that escalation would make things worse
not better?