From: G Money [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 1 May 2008 10:15 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Why did you get into computers? (was: churvii: a study in
brainiacs)

I spun this off into a new thread because it got me thinking........why did
everyone here get into programming? Was it by choice? Did it just happen
that way? Did you major in CS in college? Was it to make money?

For me personally, I wanted a job that had 3 primary characteristics:
1) Made good money
2) Would be in demand for the foreseeable future and
3) Would allow me to work with minimal contact with other people

I'm not a misanthrope, but I do really enjoy just shrinking into my own
world sometimes and pounding out code without having to interact with a
bunch of people to get stuff done.

So.......how did everyone else get into this business?