Right, but why pay people to do nothing? If you are not making money
with your farm, do something else. I know it is probably not as easy as
it sounds, but seriously, looking back at the beginning of subsidies, it
was broke from the beginning. How about fixing what is broke rather then
throwing money at the problem? Perhaps rather than pay them to not farm,
they pay for job training in another field? Then we only have the
farmers who are actually growing cops and making money. Or am I missing
something here?

Bruce