The media can be seen as the major news clearing houses - AP, Reuters, AFP,
and BBC. These are centers of news that may gain their news from a number of
'lower' sources but that news is approved, edited and distributed from a
central location. If there is bias at the center then the bias is carried
back down.
My problem with them is mainly fact checking. When it comes to certain
topics, they are VERY loose with their facts. The amount of times they have
been caught with doctored photos sent to them by their 'reporters' in a
certain part of the world is very telling. The amount of times they have
bowed down to dictators and terrorists because it was better for business is
very telling. The amount of times they have edited the nature of the news by
choosing the language and tone is telling.
My Clinton quip is exactly what I meant it as - the definitions are changed
in the most insane ways and accepted for no sane reason. Try getting a
blowjob on a street corner and then defend yourself by saying it wasn't sex.
Try breaking into a school and killing a handfull of students and then
defend yourself by saying your a freedom fighter or militant. In a sane
society, it would be murder. In the media it's par for the language.
But its my chip against the media that's the problem, not what/how they
report.

And yes, it'll take 20 years for Bush's legacy to be known, for right or
wrong. He's the first president in this war and will not be the last.