Yes dear, I know the history of the modern computer, my father was an
integral part of it.

However, you're weaving around a point, a gun is a weapon, a hunting knife
or K-Bar is a weapon, a bow and arrow is a weapon, a modern laptop or
desktop is not a weapon. You as a gun owner have certain responsibilities,
to maintain, safely store, and be extraordinarily discriminating about when
and where to use this weapon. I'm sure you being a responsible owner know
this.

If you leave a loaded handgun on the seat of an unlocked car, and it's
stolen you have some responsibility for what's done with it.

If I have a demolition company, and I improperly store and secure my
explosives, I'm partially responsible for what happens if it's stolen.

The construction engineering company that my wife works for, uses gauges
that contain minor amounts of radioactive substances. The government makes
them properly secure and store these gauges, and account for their
whereabouts at all times. If the gauges are not secured and are stolen, the
company is at least partially responsible for the aftermath if the
radioactive material is removed and used for some nefarious purpose, this
comes from the company lawyers.

--
Scott Stewart
ColdFusion Developer