> RoMunn wrote:
> The irony is that bin Laden didn't have to do anything to get oil to
> $140/barrel. Demand from Asia has done that.

There are 4 things here: futures market (cost of oil), supply, demand,
refining capacity

(1.) futures market - Bin Laden has had a disastrous effect here if
you attribute any of the shaky middle east situation to him (I would
say most of it right now is directly because of him).

(2.) Supply.  Unfortunately the Saudis have the largest impact here
and their thumbing of the nose at Bush - almost blatantly telling him
to publicly fuck off - shows the utter failure of 12 years of Bush
family policies and one of the top marks of Bush failure.

(3.) Asia & India.  Which is almost totally irrelevant because there
is plenty of oil for them and us.  i.e., there is plenty of supply for
the demand if the suppliers supplied.  But they don't because they
enjoy - as we all should - kicking Bush the moron in the nuts.

(4.) Refining capacity.

Let's add it all up:

Bush fuck up + Bush fuck up + Asian demand + Bush fuck up = $150/barrel.

So there ye be.