> Sam wrote:
> Didn't work because all but the first quote were made up as a joke

I will admit to this:  as said, I compiled these after a quick
internet search.  If these are some type of joke - or erroneous - then
I've failed at fact checking and ask you to prove it.  Which you
haven't.

I'll also point out that quotes are by their nature verbatim and that
bullets are an often used literary device.

But the fact remains that McCain likes to play the POW card
gratuitously, as does his staff, and that is fundamentally
disrespectful to service.  It's like using the death of a child to
justify tax policy.

So, either way, McCain's at fault for his transgression.  My
grandfather, who served in the pacific, and my step father, who served
in Vietnam for 3 tours, wouldn't even talk about their service so I
find it disturbing and disrespectful that McCain so cavalierly uses
his to justify damn near anything.