Mayor of a small town is mostly personal knowledge of the person and their
character.

Governor is mostly charisma, but more than anything, the absence of big
obvious flaws. Some quirks are allowed, especially if they reinforce
stereotypes about the state they are from, but there is a threshold.

But President, or Veep, is all about charisma and "the story". The
absolutely only knowledge the general public has is coming through the
media. And the media, face it, is usually full of the most attractive people
on the planet. So, by comparison, normal people look bad. Ugly people look
really bad. The question was also about "300 pounds". Heavy, fat, even obese
would be obstacles, but not necessarily disqualifiers.  Morbidly obese,
fairly or not, will be judged by the general public as a disqualifying
character flaw.

So, no, I don't think an even moderately ugly person, or one that cannot
speak to a camera, can win a national office like president.