On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Chuck wrote:
> > and obviously, to succeed.  but, to reiterate, it's a controlled
> environment
> > that (IMO) doesn't serve to conclusively indicate that those same
> successes
> > will be attained in the real world.
> >

> That's why I think you have to look at what's become of him since:
>
> * Is a fecking black major party candidate for POTUS with a name like
> Barak Obama.  I mean I guess that's old hat to people now but ... holy
> crap.

well let's end this on a happy agreeing note.  i think it's awesome that
there we've finally gotten to a point where a black man (really, anyone
other than a white male) is on the ticket for the office of president of the
united states, representing a major party.   frankly, i wish it didn't need
to be as big of a deal as it is... but the fact remains that it is a "good
thing" (tm).  yay us :)

--
I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my
wife. And I wish you my kind of success.