How much of the oil that is produced in the states now is sold only in
the states?

As for it being cheaper to sell inside the states....doesn't that
depend on the world markets.  If the foreign guys want to pay more,
aren't the oil companies going to weigh the cost/benefit ratio?

I agree with you on the suggestion that we need to find other ways of
powering our vehicles.  I disagree that drilling is a necessary step.
I don't even see it as a band-aid as it would be relying on profit
driven companies to possibly go against making the biggest profit.