My parents were very involved in political and charitable circles in
Baltimore for decades. I grew up around it, so yes, I know something about
how it works. The political, social, and charitable circles overlap- people
serve on each other's boards, they go to the same parties and benefits, and
they network with each other. It's a very small world. The first time I ever
saw Oprah in person was when she spoke at the United Way benefit dinner in
Baltimore, maybe twenty or so years ago. Like I said, it's a small world.

Everyone in the Chicago liberal circle knew who Ayers was, what his
background was. Obama knew it. I can only imagine that the liberal community
in Chicago didn't care that Ayers was an unrepentant terrorist, Maybe there
is more of a story there, maybe Obama simply accepted the fact that he had
to be associated with this guy in order to get anywhere politically, and he
made a deal with the devil for the sake of his career. If so, he should say
that. If not, he should explain.