If I was a politician going to a fund raiser to be presented as the
heir-apparent to my local state delegate/senator, I would make damn sure I
knew where we were going, who was going to be there, and at least have an
idea about who the people are.

Obama clearly knew about Ayers and his background for a long time, just like
he sat in church at Red. Wright's church for 20 years and heard all those
crazy anti-American sermons. He only distanced himself from these people
when they became a political liability. Otherwise he would still be
associating with them.

So is that OK? He's not running for provost of U. Chicago, he's running for
President of the United States. His judgment in these issues is very
relevant, and from what I can tell, his judgment was that it was OK to hang
out with retired terrorists and radical anti-American clerics.