On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Vivec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> LOL!
>
> Clearly you were not following world sentiment (to say nothing of
> internal US sentiment) during these elections, and have not been aware
> of America's plummeting status in the eyes of other countries.

I've been aware of it, I just haven't much given a shit. Other countries are
worried about one thing: Themselves. As they should be. What pisses them off
about America doesn't concern me one iota.

> This was a huge deal. It said a lot about American society and present
> culture that perhaps needed to be said.

It's a reflection of an American society that has been in place for awhile,
and this is a natural outgrowth of that. If this election somehow "opened
your eyes" to the greatness of American culture....well.....it's because
you've been blind, not because it just suddenly happened.

it showed a side of America that needed to be seen.

You could have seen it years ago, if you'd opened your eyes.

> It once more held America up as an example to the world.

I don't care if the world wants to hold the US up as an example today. They
could have done the same thing last week, because I got news for
you....America on November 7th is pretty damn similar to America on November
3rd.

If it took the election of Barack Obama to remind the world of what America
truly is, that is YOUR problem, not ours.

--
I'm only one, but not alone
My finest day, is yet unknown