On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My point was that, if you look at the data - and I'll use Shep Smith,
> McCain decline started during Palin's interview with Couric.

Not the mortgage crisis?
McCain spiked after Palin so anything he lost still left him way ahead.

> Now, would he have lost if he'd picked Tim Pawlenty?  Or if Palin
> would've actually prepared for that interview?

91% of republicans approve of Palin. I'd guess a lot less approve of McCain.

> Quite possibly no.  Maybe even probably no.
>
> So in that sense we were lucky that McCain both pick Palin and that
> she's an idiot.

McCain tried to hard to be appeal to the dems and that caused him to
lose a portion of the base, Palin brought many of them back but not
enough.

> I think of the stories I've heard/read from Jews in Chicago about how
> they got there.  And many of them came over when Hitler was "elected",
> because they saw where things were headed.  However many of their
> contemporaries thought they were nuts and felt there was no way Hitler
> could ultimately fulfill some of his crazier ideas.  They thought the
> Germans would elect him out WAY before that.
>
> Some people call it "conservative" to be terrified of government.  You
> said I was spreading fear.
>
> I am.
>
> Be VERY terrified of government.

You're such an ass