Sam wrote:
> I mean we need to raise taxes and cut programs to make up for the new
> programs added.

It sure would have been nice during the almost three months where I was
never sure if I was going to get paid and some of the people I work with
*did not* get paid, if some of the Republican minority in the State
Legislature would have agreed with you Sam.  Since our state budget must
be passed by a 2/3 majority and Republican's comprise just over 33%,
they effectively blocked any budget that had any hint of a tax raise.

And many of the programs you would probably suggest get cut can't be do
to mandates that have been voted in over the years that set the spending
by law.