Congratulations!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Garza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 9:42 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Something funny happened on the way to the hospital...

I know most of you don't know me that well as I tend to stay out of the
heated debates on the list due to a lack of time... but I wanted to share
the good news and an interesting story with y'all...

My wife delivered our second son at 5:15pm on the 20th.  Matthew Robert
Garza weighed in at 8lbs. 2oz. and is doing well.  Mom is also doing well.
Matt is already proving to be quite the impatient little guy and was in
quite the hurry to come into the world.  He was in so much of a hurry that
he didn't even wait until we made it to Labor and delivery!  When I said
that my wife delivered our son, I meant that literally, she delivered our
son, right there in front seat of our car in the parking lot of Labor and
Delivery!!!!   When I ran into the L&D area of the hospital to tell them
that we needed someone out there NOW, I never expected a sea of purple and
teal to come swarming out of the door.  We had 15 nurses come rushing out.
What a sight!  WOW, talk about an adventure!  My nerves are
still quite shot from the whole thing.  I was joking with her after the fact
saying something to the effect of "So much for that epidural you were
wanting...."  She didn't seem to catch the humor in that statement....

Anyway, in the grand scheme of things everything turned out ok.  There
were/are so many things that can go wrong during a delivery, that we
consider ourselves quite blessed that everything happened without a hitch.
(other than the fact that we were in the car... <G>).  I have to go and get
the wife and kiddo from the hospital this morning so I'll respond when I get
back.  I'm probably the only person left on the planet without a digital
camera so I'll post some pics once the film is developed.

Cheers!

Jeff Garza
Web Guy
Spectrum Astro, Inc.