> > Bush was in his car on the way to Booker Elementary School
> > when the first plane hit the World Trade Center........
>
> I thought he was reading to the kids when it hit. From what I
> remember in seeing the videos involved after being given the
> news he sat stunned for about a minute, looking like he'd
> been hit in the forehead by a 2 by 4.

Yes, he was already at the school when the events began to unfold.  One of
my ex-girlfriends was actually there at the school as part of a local
government internship thing (I live in Sarasota).  She said that once they
realized what was going on, the entire group about ran out of there back to
their motorcade and sped off to the airport.  The rest, as they say, is
history.

-Justin Scott