So then narrow the focus on what a real terrorist is and let the world
know we will go after them. But if a terrorist is posing as a butcher, a
baker or a candlestick maker, then we go after them too. Not all of them
of course. Terrorists do fit a profile, we just profile them and go
after those who fit that profile.  Remember Sesame Street? One of these
things doesn't belong, one of these things is different from the other.
Go after what is different. That is how we do it here. The insurgent may
look like the locals, and dress like the locals and act like the locals,
but they fit a certain profile, their subtleties still stand out. We
learn their TTP's and act on this new knowledge, find them, and capture
or kill them (I prefer the latter actually, then we do not have to worry
about detaining them and giving them rights, and a lot less paperwork to
boot).