On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM, Jerry Johnson <jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Because the Bush administration blew it, and ruined the "brand".

Stop thinking of it as a brand and it won't be a problem.

> The "war on terrorism" is mocked by the American public. It is not taken
> seriously. It is not respected by other countries (even those in the middle
> of it).

Only the far left  and it is respected by other countries, they're
just afraid to admit it.

> But, the IDEAS of it are respected, understood, agreed to.

I bet if Obama named it a war on terror it would be fine.

> The most respected military man in the public mind
> at the moment is Shinseki, because he bucked and lost for it. And he is busy

Shinseki was wrong in 2003 and is still wrong.
Patreous is the most respected and his surge worked in spite of
Shinseki's poor vision and planning.

> trying to fix the shambles that is the VA administration.

By making soldiers pay for their own medical insurance?

> So, for any chance of success in the MISSION, a name change, focus change,
> and yes, PR campaign is needed. Because YOU need the American people pulling
> with you. And WE need other countries to be pulling some weight, too. Even
> though no country will agree with ALL of our battles, if each will pull on
> at least one, we are way better off.

You just lost half the countries support by changing the name. At
least your half is happy now.