> JJ wrote:
>
> I think the resolution to this latest hijacking was effective.

That's a pretty short-term way to think about things.

The problem is, now you've got Somalis promising to kill Americans and
The French whenever and where ever they find them.

And you can't just go into Somali waters and start blasting every
boat.  So who's a fisherman and who's a pirate?  You have no idea
until the fisherman try to pirate someone.

Very likely that means that either the US Navy is going to start
having to escorting all shipping traffic or, at a minimum, the
shippers will have to hire a company like Blackwater.

On the other hand, in this case, there was probably no choice.

So what remains is a question of whether we're at war with Somalians.
Last time it didn't work out so well.