Not from what I have read about who was and are there. I took from who
was there, how they got there, and what we were accusing them of (not
"charges" per se, just "he is bad"), that it became a place to send
those people we didn't know what else to do with.

Including a number of people that were "sold" to us for bounty, with
no real idea of what they did. Captured in a dozen different countries
(not just countries we are "at war" with or in.