No, we paid bounty for any people other people we didnt really know
very well said were "combatants" captured "on the battlefield". Which
turns out now was often not true. people were actually kidnapped and
sold to settle family and business feuds, not because they were
terrorists. And they were taken from their homes, or off the street in
towns, not on a "battlefield".

Many of the people at Guantanamo were bad people. But they would have
been just as bad behing barbed wire in Afghanistan. Or wherever they
were captured and renditioned from. Others were literally just in the
wrong place at the wrong time.