I can't stand to watch the guy.
Like every other televangelist I have seen, this guy preys on people's
weaknesses.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Erika L. Walker <[email protected]>wrote:

>
> I cant help but be fascinated by this man. He is charming. He is
> optimistic.
> He is good looking. And he doesn't really preach. If I had to go to church,
> I'd want to go to his church. I can't help it. He may not have gone the
> traditional route, but I like his stuff. It's more "Tony Robbins" than
> church, but it's definitely "feel good".
>
> He was just on Fox promoting his shindig at Yankees Stadium. The very first
> non sport event. (they have to pay for that stadium somehow ...)
>
> from http://www.lohud.com/article/2009904220354
>
> "Considering that he is fast becoming the most popular preacher in the
> country, Joel Osteen doesn't act or sound like a preacher at all.
>
> He has no seminary training and can hardly talk about any religion other
> than his own brand of creamy, fat-free Christianity (all the hope, none of
> the sin).
>
> He prefers telling endearing domestic stories about himself and his
> 21st-century friends and relatives to rehashing the dusty tales of
> Scripture.
>
> When he preaches at the new Yankee Stadium on Saturday, becoming the first
> nonbaseball attraction there, he will be his humble, likable, wavy-haired
> self and nothing more.
>
> "I feel like I don't need to preach. I just want to talk to the people," he
> said. "My gift is to help encourage people. I'm more than happy to leave
> other things, other areas, to other pastors, who have different gifts.""
>
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:295775
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to