> "Considering that he is fast becoming the most popular preacher in the
> country, Joel Osteen doesn't act or sound like a preacher at all.
>
> He has no seminary training and can hardly talk about any religion other
> than his own brand of creamy, fat-free Christianity (all the hope, none of
> the sin).

I'll warn you first - this is coming from me as a lay-preacher, not as
a programmer or podcaster.

As an inspirational and motivational speaker, JO is without a doubt
phenomenal.  He can hold the attention of his arena-sized
congregations... but he is ultimately doing them a disservice.  The
very nature of salvation and the gospel story is wrapped around sin,
and to pass lightly on that is preaching a false gospel.

I like some of the mega-church preachers, my favorite is Ed Young,
pastor of Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Tx.  He preaches in
blue-jeans to something like 4 full churches but he doesn't pull any
punches when it comes to human nature and sin.  Sure, he's hit some
pretty radical topics, like putting a bed on the stage and challenging
the married couples in his congregations to make love for one complete
week -
http://blackchristiannews.com/news/2008/11/pastor-ed-youngs-sexperiment-results-video.html