How exactly is military service related to immigration?
She is not putting her life on the line, her husband is.

If I embezzled millions and gave it all to the poor, does that make it any
less of a crime? Should I not be punished because I was helping people?

She entered the country illegally.  End of story. She broke the law. She got
caught. She should be punished accordingly.