Yeah I know I'm the 1%er on this but, in general, they're just not worth it.

Of course I say this having just paid for UFC-100 this weekend, but at
least there I still feel like people have something lose so the sport
is fun to watch.  Plus it's guys beating the crap out of each other.

Anyway, the whole culture has become surreal.  It's a bunch of
millionaires running around.  Nobody loses except the fans.  There's
no passion.  And if there is it's purely ego driven.  It's like being
interested in which Wall Street traders will make more money this
year.  Yea!  Go Goldman-Sachs!!  Rah rah rah ... bet those tax-payer
dollars!

The one-on-one sports seem to be mostly immune, like tennis or golf,
but the team sports are just ridiculous to me now.

When I was 20 I'd plan for almost a week the next week's football
party.  Now I couldn't tell when a game is on ... wait I can.  All of
the time because there are no seasons anymore.

Anyway, rant over, but the following just doesn't sound fun.  I'm
probably a 1%er in that too:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-07-13/secret-code-of-sports-mistresses/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:300059
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to