I think the 'prima donna' is the vocal minority in professional
sports. Unfortunately, they are the ones who get plastered all over
the news when they do stupid shit (Like Plaxico Buress, or Pacman
Jones).

Most of the guys work hard at their job and support their communities,
just like most of us.  The only difference is that when they go to
work it is broadcast to millions of people.

I would hazard a guess that there are no more 'prima donnas' in sports
as there are in any other profession.

Professional sports also raises a lot of money for charity. In the
home run derby last night over $200,000 was raised for charity.  The
PGA tour alone has raised almost 1 billion dollars for charity since
it started.  I can deal with the occasional asshole for that kind of
fund raising.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Bruce Sorge<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Therein lies the problem. Yes, they busted their ass all their life to
> get into professional sports, but then look what happens. They turn into
> prima-donas. I am all for them getting paid because this is their "job",
> but I think that they get paid wayyyyy to much. And then you have the
> Dion Sanders of the world who won't play because their big toe hurts.
> What happened to the guys of the '70s who played with broken bones and
> shit? Guys who would get teeth knocked out and still play, bleeding all
> over the field? Those were real athletes. Real men. The star athletes of
> today are a bunch of spoiled little bitches. Cut their pay down to a
> realistic level and tell them that if they want more, they need to earn
> it. Win games, bring home championships.
> I guess that is why I really only like NASCAR now. It takes a lot of
> athleticism to drive a car for four or five hours at over 100 MPH. I
> took a ride in one in California a few years ago, and the guy driving
> the car was not even going as fast as they do during a race, and that
> wore me out with just a few laps.
> Oh, and UFC. Real fighting. Not that bullshit WWF acting fake ass crap.
>
> G Money wrote:
>>
>> Money can change people, I won't deny that...but don't deny the real work
>> and dedication that was required for them to get where they are.
>>
>>
>
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Want to reach the ColdFusion community with something they want? Let them know 
on the House of Fusion mailing lists
Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/message.cfm/messageid:300094
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to