On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Casey Dougall <
ca...@uberwebsitesolutions.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 12:15 PM, G Money <gm0n3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I find this amusing.
> >
> > Annoyed that your parents baptized you when you were too young to make up
> > your own mind? No problem...just get "de-baptized"!
> >

> http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2009-07-21-atheists-debaptism_N.htm
> >

> Glad my parents gave me the choice and did not baptize me. They still
> circumcised me but I can live with that.

Catholics have another ceremony called Confirmation that allows kids to
basically "confirm" that which was affirmed for them during baptism.  This
ceremony usually occurs around the time the kids are in 8th grade. I'm not
sure what it would mean in the eyes of the church if you refused to go
through Confirmation, however....i don't think it has the same affect as
"un-baptizing" you...but I don't really know.

I've never really understood organized religion and it's almost cathartic
dependence on ceremony, or more specifically for Christianity, "sacraments".

--
Let your soul and spirit fly
Into the mystic