Dude, Justin is right on the mark with this one.

Jimmy D. and I had this discussion a few times, same deal.

Heck, Bill Maher said it pretty good in some interview about his movie
on religion.  The "logical" standpoint is "I don't freaking know-- not
enough data, blah blah." (logical being a relative term).  Illogical
is "I don't see proof, so I'm *believe* there is no god".
Non-logical?  Unlogical?  Antilogical?  Bah.  Atheist has bad
connotation from the get-go, I think we need a new word. :-)p

"without gods" != "if there were proof, etc..." (Re: dictionary
definition of the word Atheist).

I think he was telling you, that you are wrong about the definition of
the word "atheist".  And I still throw my lot in with that idea, as I
have in the past.

What you (and Jim) have described is more in step with "agnostic", tho
I don't know why y'all rail against that idea so much.

Maybe (like owning a MacBook) being called (or calling oneself)
"atheist" is cooler?

Sorta like a clique?

Agnostics aren't sure if they've got a clique or not.  J

:dee-eee-en-en-why

--
Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay.
- http://icanhashappy.blogspot.com/2008/01/top-50-atheism-quotes.html