> Hi. I brought it over, because Gel's reply was funny. So welcome to
> CF-Community. Been here before or did you just find out that this post
> was over here and you wanted to check it out? Be careful, there's a lot

I knew the list was here, but I'd never bothered to subscribe to it before
now.  I figured if I wanted to stay up on this thread, I'd have to come over
here and leave the CF-Talk people alone for once, hehe.

> Maybe it was easier to ask the list than look it up. Maybe their studio
> was screwed for some reason, and only a reinstall would fix the built-in
> help (I've had this happen). Maybe the developer lent all his books to
> friends, and didn't have to look up the info, maybe he had a hangover
> and just couldn't think straight ... Who knows, make up a scenario ...

Right, and in my message I did give a reference for the correct function and
said specifically that it was not meant as an attack on the poster, but a
rant about the test itself.

This is not the first time I've been dubious about the exam, as I have a
friend who is not a programmer by any means, but was able to pass the exam
based on teaching one ColdFusion course to three people at the training
center he works for.  He's a smart guy, but he's never written anything in
CF and was still able to get certified.

> If you've taken it, why did you take it? What did it mean to you? Are

I took the exam for two reasons really.  One is because I wanted to stand
out in the eyes of potential future employers as a certified developer.  The
other is similar to your reasoning, I wanted to have something tangible that
recognized my skills with the language.

> you thinking about upgrading it when the new CFMX test comes out? I'll

If I want to maintain my certified status at that point, you bet I will.

> I agree with on the questions ... I think they should have a section
> where you need to code pieces of apps, etc, demonstrating knowledge
> instead of just being a good test taker.
>
> Anyways, back to my beloved code ... And my beloved ... Have a great
> weekend Justin!!!! And I hope to see you more often around here.

Maybe ;)

I guess my whole rant with the test comes down to this:

I'm upset that the test wasn't harder and that the passing standards were so
low.  I've been developing CF for 3 years and was expecting a much harder
exam and waited until now to take it.  I spent a total of about 30 minutes
in the testing center and walked away wondering why I hadn't done this a
year ago.

-Justin Scott, Lead Developer
 Sceiron Internet Services, Inc.
 http://www.sceiron.com