On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Sam wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Vivec wrote:
>>
>> That's the point, that the pollution apologists fail to address.
>
> That's a lie. C02 is plant food not pollution. Pollution is a
> different story. We all want to stop pollution.
> Nice try.

The question is, could "we" be changing our environment?

You acknowledge we pollute-- are you certain that this pollution (that
we all want to stop, but not /too/ much, cuz, we'd be out on the
street, cuz we're unskilled and need to pollute to compete) couldn't
change our climate?

Perhaps affecting the atmosphere?  Water temperature?

Things that might affect climate?

>> Carbon Dioxide and all the other chemicals that we spew into the
>> atmosphere are dangerous to humans and other animals.
>> That's a FACT.
>
> Stay away from the trees, they're poisonous.

I wonder if you could build up a tolerance, like with snakes?

>> No one has yet disputed or disproved the Greenhouse Effect Theory.
>>
>> That's a FACT.
>
> A fact that there are no facts?

Heh.  Remember when you were a kid, and things were so certain?
Marvelous what time does, ain't it!

That cool tech that's going to save us is pretty hip now, neh?

People are starting to make a profit off it?  (even tho people have
been making a profit off it for what? 30-40 god damn years, if you
don't count water and wind mills?)

Odd how it all works, economies and ecosystems and whatnot.  And screw
it-  maybe everything is fine, and we won't somehow kill off bees (or
if we do, it will turn out they weren't *that* important, anyways), or
whatever-- out of "leftie" science we get cheap solar power, *tons* of
people willing to "get on board", blah blah blah

With "rightie" we got "having sex is bad", and "stem cells are people
too", and clean air acts that, oh, I don't know-- I guess I should go
look it up and be sure that the environment didn't get a whole lot
better under the last administration, as this might just be dogma I'm
spewing.
Like, in *reality*, Bush43 cut spending, lowered taxes, and set us up
for a *stellar* cumback in oh-12!  This was all part of the plan, oh
ye of little faith!

Hrm.  Save the planet on one side, save your soul on the other.

It's all about power.  And money.  Probably.

--
The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks
according to his action.