On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Gruss G wrote:

> So you think temperature readings - recorded history from a zillion
> sources - since 1880 are suspect?

Ah, but that's exactly the point. All of a sudden we go from "knowing" the
temperature record for thousands of years to "knowing" the temperature
record for roughly 130 years- less than a blink of an eye in geological
terms.

Here is the bigger picture: let's say the estimates of 1-6 degrees in
temperature increase if we do nothing to prevent CO2 accumulation are
accurate. The dirty secret of that prediction is not what they tell you, but
what they don't tell you, which is that they have no way to predict the
"baseline" temperature from which these estimates would vary.

Why does that matter? Forecasters can't guess what the temperature is going
to be like five years from now, forget fifty or a hundred years from now. We
could have a two degree increase on a baseline that is ten degrees colder
than now - or ten degrees warmer. When the climate geniuses can predict the
baseline five or ten years out, then I will listen to what they have to say.
Until then, they are blowing hot air. Bada bing!