My apologies. The Himalaya's claim takes up less than 1 page of a 3000
page report.  It was a minor claim, not making it into the summary for
policy makers even, and isn't even necessarily wrong. It is just not
evidentially supported in such a fashion that it should have been
allowed in.

The Himalayan glaciers are retreating with potentially disastrous
consequences. 2006 article summary here if you like from the annals of
glaciology:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/igsoc/agl/2006/00000043/00000001/art00032

So, to sum up: a claim was but in on one page of a 3000 page report
that was supported by evidence but made a claim that was too strong
given the current level of knowledge. That has since been publicly
acknowledged and will noted in future addendums and corrections to the
report. The claim was not central to the paper and did not make it
into any of the summary reports designed for high-level distribution.

You're right, I was way too easy going on you with the 99% figure.  It
is more like 99.97% with even the 0.03% being a bit kind.

Jerk.

Judah