On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Mary Jo Sminkey <mary...@cfwebstore.com>wrote:

>  I know most of you on here are not into the figure skating, but for real
> sulking, Plushenko sure could give anyone a run for their money. In short
> track, there seems to be a constant dialog about who did or did not
> "deserve" to medal. Or even how about Federer breaking down in tears at
> losing the Aussie Open?

That's why anything that requires a judges score, is probably not a
sport....it's an exhibition...and 3 judges pick out whomever's exhibition
they enjoyed the best.

That being said, that Korean girl was awesome.

> There's such a thing as being a gracious winner and criticizing any team
> for being disappointed about losing (not for their words or actions
> afterwards, but just the emotion of being disappointed) is, well, pretty
> sucky.

I don't think anyone on the Canadian team criticized anyone did they?

--
With a little perseverance you can get things done
Without a blind adherence that has conquered some