From: Sam [mailto:sammyc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:48 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Obama power drunk on the Middle East

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Eric Roberts
<ow...@threeravensconsulting.com> wrote:

> Palestine is a variant of Philistine...it's the ancient Greek name for
> Philistines:

But I already told you it's a Hebrew word for invaders. If you look to
see where the Greeks got the word from you'd know that.

> In the 5th century BCE, Herodotus  wrote in Ancient Greek of a 'district
of
> Syria, called Palaistinê" (whence Palaestina, whence
> Palestine).[7][13][14][15]

A district of Syria? Named after ancient invaders? What's your point?

> The use of the name "Palestine" in English became more common after the
> European renaissance.[21]  The name was officially revived and used after
> the fall of the Ottoman Empire (1517–1917) and applied to the territory in
> this region that was placed under the British Mandate for Palestine.
>
> So as you can see, even in English, the use of the name is from  the early
> 1600's (post 1630 if you want to get technical as that is when most
> Historians consider the start of the Renaissance period to be).

As already pointed out the Romans called it Palaestina to mock the
Jews but very few people used the name...wait for it: Until the
British in eary 1900's

> IF a place is called Palestine, then the people would be called
Palestinians
> (even the Jews called them Philistines)...that's pretty simple logic.

You're not making s