Now I wonder how that happened?

http://biggovernment.com/vderugy/2010/03/26/politics-democratic-stimulus-haul-is-almost-double-republicans/

"based on my new analysis of the Recovery.org data, Democratic
districts are getting 1.8 times more money on average than Republican
districts. Using Recovery.gov data, and cleaning it up seriously to be
able to use it, we find that Republican districts are getting on
average $260.6 million in stimulus awards while democratic districts
are getting on average $471.5 million. The average is award per
district is $385.9 million.

Interestingly, my data also confirms that the stimulus funds are not
allocated based on unemployment rates or even variations in
unemployment rates. So basically,  if the administration believes that
government spending can create jobs, the allocation of the funds
doesn’t show it.