From: Vivec [mailto:gel21...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 9:45 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: my new computer, i think ive found it

My own experiences lead me to recommend strongly against using either SLI or
Crossfire.

a) Some games do not support SLI or Crossfire and see very little
improvement in framerate
b) The next fastest, single card up the ladder will perform faster always in
all games, whether they support SLI or not.
c) When using Crossfire or SLI you cannot use a second monitor. I use this
to keep track of Gmail, or have a browser open on another monitor.
d) You cannot use Crossfire or SLI when playing a game in Windowed mode.I
have found that sometimes it's quite useful to have the game in a window.

I would always recommend getting the absolute fastest single card that you
can afford, and to keep doing that as you upgrade your computer.

The exceptions being the Dual Cards In One like the Nvidia 295 and the ATI
5970. These are usually ludicrously expensive,but you get the fastest single
card for games that don't benefit from SLI/Crossfire AND you get a second
card to push framerates even higher on the games that DO benefit. All in one
package.