Have you looked at refurbished machines on eBay? The economy has
really created some deals there. The best deals are new machines that
were ordered incorrectly by a customer and then returned. The vendor
isn't allowed to sell them as new, they have to be marked refurbished,
even if they have never been used. They typically include a 30 day
warranty.

I saw an HP machine that normally runs around $3,800 for $2,700 the
other day. Brand new machine, it was just returned and they couldn't
sell it as new. Just a way to get more bang for your buck.